Skip to main content

Biryanis and Chicken - Indian Style

Since my trip to Sg last year, I've been somehow exposed to Indian food and so a friend and I planned to dine in at the Indian restaurant across the office. It's been months but the plan never pushed through.

After work one evening, I and my two other officemates decided to cap off the day by binge-ing before heading home.

I've been wanting to have something Indian, but the suggestion to try out the restaurant across the office building was rejected. Great thing, there's New Bombay


Anyhoo, we ordered Tandoori Chicken, Mushroom Biryani and Chicken Tikka Masala.

Tandoori Chicken is described as chicken marinated in yogurt with a blend of mild Indian spices, that give it a distinct aroma and wonderful taste. It was savory, but dry.

Tandoori Chicken, 255 php 























Mushroom Biryani, 255 php

Biryanis are popular rice dishes in New Bombay. They come in varied flavors but for our dinner, we opted for mushroom... And I loved it.

Chicken Tikka Masala, 245 php
Chicken Tikka Masala are tender pieces of grilled chicken cooked in rich tomato sauce with exotic masala (spice mix) and thick gravy. I was torn into thinking it was coconut milk (gata) it was cooked in because of its texture and taste.

We were enjoying our chika session when we noticed we're running out of rice. I wasn't too ready to have goat meat, but after many times of asking, I felt that my co-workers wanted it, so I gave it a "go". 
Mutton Biryani, 255 php
In all fairness, it was good. I just really had to take the smaller bits of meat. Haha!

Our bill summed up to 1,010 php. Upon handing the payment, the lady asked if we have 10 pesos. We said "no", and instantly, she said, "sige 1000 na lang". To me it was like shopping in bazaars, pwedeng may discount. Haha.

The experience was okay, but the likelihood of coming back again isn't that high. Experience-wise it's a nice try.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog