Skip to main content

Singapore in Manila?

I must be really jetlagged from my month-long stay in Singapore last year, that up to now, I still have the feels of being there. Not only do I miss the place, but the food, as well.


After a (more than) 2-hour meeting, I and my supervisor headed straight to Megamall to find a decent place to eat. We walked around fast, and soon after found a decent place to eat. It's called My Singapore Food Street.

There's quite a variety of foods to choose from - dimsum, noodles/soups, rice meals, desserts, and others that are commonly found in Singapore. We ordered Nasi Goreng, Pork Siomai and Beef Broccoli for the both of us to share.

As soon as we got a seat, the first thing I noticed was the mini version of the Merlion. If you come to Singapore, any visit without seeing the famous landmark would be a total waste.


Waiting time was reasonable, considering there were many guests before us who ordered.The crew was accommodating in providing our requests. Just one point of observation was that you have get water yourself - which is fine, but the corner where the water dispenser's located is a bit too slippery. I wish they had this addressed already.

About the food... Nasi Goreng (fried rice) consisted of meat, shrimp, peas and other veggies, topped with scrambled egg, and was slightly spicy. Serving is good for about two to three people.

Nasi Goreng
Beef was tender and broccoli was neither over nor undercooked, and siomai was meaty and less on extenders. 

Beef Broccoli

Pork Siomai
In total, we were billed only 475 php. Quite cheap compared to other Chinese casual restaurants.

I'll be more than willing to go back, but I wish there were more branches, especially here in the South.

Comments

  1. Hi, I enjoy reading your site! Is it okay if I contact you through email? Please email me back.

    Thanks!

    Harry
    harry.roger10 gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog