Skip to main content

John and Yoko, Greenbelt 5

On my last birthday, my boyfriend picked me up at the office after work to eat. We then proceeded to Greenbelt, as I was always wanting to try John and Yoko.

The waitresses were accommodating enough to give us a seat, but due to the fact that we came at lunch time, we were given a place that's next to the kitchen, where almost (if not) all the servers pass by. We were given menus and ordered for what we thought we can finish.

We were busy taking pics when the California maki salad and iced tea (calamansi flavor) were served. The salad was filled with lettuce, crabmeat, few sweet mango bits, and dressing. I'd say it's good, but really nothing to rave so much about. Next thing that came was tofu miso soup. It's very similar to that of Sumo Sam, and I must tell you that it is by far the best tofu soup that I liked. Their all-meat rice (which, the waitress said was one and a half) was more than enough for two hungry people, leaving our Japanese rice untouched. I loved the Salmon teriyaki; it's light and cooked just right. Chicken teriyaki was okay, but nothing special, as well.

One thing I felt inappropriate, though, was the staff's uniform, particularly the ladies'. I was expecting more of a Japanese-inspired theme like in Sumo Sam, but no... The girls were wearing short black dresses and boots! Rare for a Japanese resto.

The price of almost two thousand pesos was a bit pricey, IMO. 

Overall, we still had a fun time and left the place with full stomach.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog