Skip to main content

What Happened to Jollibee's Chicken Joy?

I was so hungry yesterday that I couldn't think of a better place to dine in after work. So I headed to Jollibee. It was a Sunday, and it's the closest I can afford to go to, aside from 7-11 and Mini-stop.

I ordered Creamy Macaroni Soup because I am craving for something hot. I aked the crew if there was available thigh part for the chicken joy. Unfortunately, there's none. Because I felt like there's nothing more filling than rice and something else, I ordered the (in)famous chickenjoy, even if it's not the specific part I wanted.

When it was served, it looked horrible. Not even a kid would want just that. It's small and dry. You might even think it's "pangat" (pangatlong prito, or something like that). So I asked again if they can replace it with the wing part. Yes, but in 15 minutes. Let's just say that I was on "crave mode" so I patiently agreed. 15 minutes, it is.

After 5 minutes or so, while savoring the "creamy" soup, the waiter came to me to ask if I wanted to settle with their hot and crispy fried chicken. I thought to myself, "pwede na 'to. Kung di lang ako gutom 'di ko 'to papatulan."

If I rejected the first piece that was given to me at the counter, I could have even more rejected it -- IF I was not starving. But I was. So I gave it another yes.

While on it, it made me think what happened to the quality of Jollibee foods. Very different from the ones during my younger years (which was not too long ago). My P110 was totally not worth it. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog