Skip to main content

Beer Talk

I am currently in Singapore and it is by boredom that I'm doing this post.

I've been here for a few weeks and so far, this thing called boredom is doing its thing and is actually getting into me at times.

What I did this week to keep up was go to Giant and took a taste test of the beers in Singapore... Only to be told by a friend that they aren't only locally available here but in the Philippines as well.

Last Saturday evening, I remember to have stocked on this one called Guinness Foreign Extra as recommended by a new friend. Contained in a black "stout" can, I'm just not sure how many ml there was. The beer itself was sort of thick, dark brown and so far the most bitter-tasting I've had. I honestly do not know how I managed to finish my can of it. No more next time for this brand.

On Tuesday, I asked for another recommendation from a friend who's based here in Sg and she said I might like Tiger Lager Beer better. Before anything else, I googled a little bit on what "lager beer" means and this is what I found :

"lager beer"
lager: a general term for beer made with bottom fermenting yeast (usually by decoction mashing); originally it was brewed in March or April and matured until September

Its bitterness level was not in any way close to Guinness and somewhere as you gulp you get to taste a certain sweetness. True enough, I give it a thumbs up.

Last one I got was Heineken Lager Beer. I've had it before and I can say it's the best among the ones I've tried. Light, no unusual kick, not too strong for a woman's taste.


Find that beer that suits your taste and share your experience, too. :)

* Late post. I'm now back in the Philippines and this has been on drafts since November.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog