Skip to main content

Tokyo Tokyo's California & Spicy Beef Makis

Don't you just love spontaneous moments? When you don't plan something out and suddenly pushes through, more than those you've prepared for? That's exactly the scene last night when my friend, out of the blue, sent me a message asking if I wanted to go food tripping. Imagine neighbors not seeing each other for weeks, and sometimes months, so of course I said yes.

Still stuffed from the last meal I had, she asked what I was craving for and all I can think of was puto bumbong and bibingka. She, on the otherhand, wanted shawarma. The only place I know where there's shawarma is at the Rosario Complex strip, which is just a few meters away from our houses.

Off we went towards Pacita to get my puto bumbong and bibingka fix, when we started talking about California Maki. We thought, "where in that area can we find maki?" Rai Rai Ken SLEX came to mind but was worried it's already closed. The next I thought was Tokyo Tokyo. We immediately took a U-Turn and headed to SLEX-Southbound. We arrived almost 9 pm and the store wasn't even about to close. Perfect news for those traveling down South!

Makis are love. But the agreement we're not having rice was so defeated because we decided to get 2 kinds of makis : California and Spicy Beef. Also ordered large-sized Red Iced Tea for myself.

California Maki, Php 45/4 pcs and Spicy Beef, Php 59/4 pcs

Red Iced Tea, Php 48

It was great our cravings were met, only a little dissatisfied though with the California Maki. Rice used for the rolls wasn't Japanese rice or at least anything close, they substituted it with poorly cooked rice. Soft. Spicy Beef Maki is your ordinary beef maki with a slight spicy twist. Nothing to rave or rant about.

I'd like to go back to Tokyo Tokyo for the new stuff they offer, not anytime soon maybe. My friend ordered this for herself and liked it.

Shiitake Mushroom Burger
I would be so glad to let you know more about this store but unfortunately their site is still under construction. Let's try next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog