Skip to main content

Sambo Kojin Yakiniku Experience

My parents celebrated their 34th wedding anniversary last Monday, and our way to celebrate was through food at Sambo Kojin, located at the Food Center of SM Southmall in Las Pinas.


I'm a huge fan of rolls/makis/sushis, sashimis and the like, so I started off with those. Lots of those. I also got a plateful of meat and seafood for grilling. Munching on my rolls while grilling. Before I head on to my next plate I was already feeling my stomach's expansion (I am not kidding!).




Forgive me but I was not able to check out what the steamed thing I placed on my plate along with my miso soup was. It was white, soya-ish with crab stick slice and other meat. Please put a comment on this post if you know what it is.


I kept coming back every now and then to serve as my folks' "runner" whenever they want something. Almost everything I got was for sharing, actually.

Next on my plate were chap chae, tempura, spicy chicken wings, and katsu. You can imagine how filling those are. I liked tuna katsu the most because it's filled with cheese as well. Biased, fine. :)


What was sad, though, were the desserts. Normally, in other places, it's a big area with a wide variety of sweets, but not at Sambokojin.  The cakes were dry and looked so unspecial. I love Red Velvet but their mini cupcake version was so-so. Even the frosting was just sweet, like whipped cream.


 

I had to go back and get myself ice cream because of the dissatisfaction the cakes gave me. Green Tea and Vanilla were a good combination, I must say. But the kiwis were soft and overripe. 
 
It was still overall a good Yakiniku and dining experience. The service crew were friendly and easy to approach, and Php 559 for lunch during weekdays is already a great deal for a buffet set-up. I just wish they'd add up more interesting finds especially for those with sweet tooth like myself.

For more information regarding Sambo Kojin, visit their website at http://sambokojin.com/.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog